Work outfits and office dress codes can be challenging. The dress code we all struggle with the most is “business casual clothes” (business professional clothing is the easy one). What does it really mean? Should we dress business, or casual? We put together this guide to provide you ample work outfit ideas — perfect for every boss lady. The best part is each outfit will take you less than a minute to put together — no stress and no mess. Also, with Armoire, renting clothes, and dressing for work has never been more fun.
7 Business Casual Work Outfit Ideas:
- Plaid Blazer, bright trousers and mules
- Floral dress, bomber jacket and sneakers
- A patterned pencil skirt with a sweater and heels
- A matching suit set with loafers
- Corduroys and a black blazer
- Long sleeved jumpsuit
- Striped dress & white blazer
What is appropriate for work really depends on your office atmosphere and tone. Business casual for some offices can mean more on the casual side or sometimes more on the fancy side. A safe bet is to be in the middle ground between not being too fancy and not being too casual. Even though there are no precise rules for business casual clothing, we wrote down the simplest (and trendiest) ways to look good and be appropriate at work.
- Tip 1: Comfort is key. The way to always look and feel your best is to be comfortable. Whether that means wearing your favorite loafers or tossing on your favorite cardigan, it is important to walk out of the house feeling your best.
- Tip 2: Take risks. Some of the simplest ways to feel your best is to try something new. Try a new color. Try a new print. Try a silhouette you wouldn’t normally try (may we suggest professional jumpsuit?!).
- Tip 3: Try denim. As long as the rest of the outfit is stain and wrinkle free (what better way to always have fresh clothes than through rental, we dry clean everything!!) you can wear jeans for a business casual outfit. Finish the look with a polished blouse and sharp mules. You can get away with wearing jeans as long as you dress up your denim a bit.
- Tip 4: Make it fun. Its proven that the better you feel in your clothes the better you will perform in life. At the end of the day, the best thing you can do is put your best foot forward – so have fun with your looks, and add the small stuff that makes a big difference. Add a printed top or bold jacket.
Now that you know the rules (check out this dress length guide for all your dress questions answered!) and have work outfit inspiration you are ready to go forth and rock your business casual attire to work! Rent work clothes with Armoire today and always have the right thing to wear exactly when you need it.