Business casual is a category without any hard rules. Fashion is subjective, and so are business casual clothes. What is appropriate for work really depends on your office atmosphere and tone. Business casual can lie on the spectrum between jean casual and blazer chic depending on the environment. A safe bet is to dress somewhere in the middle. Even though there are no precise rules for business casual clothing, here’s our take on feeling great and appropriate at work:
5 Tips for Business Casual Clothes:
- Tip 1: Comfort is key. The way to always look and feel your best is to be comfortable. So toss on your favorite blazer and go be the boss lady you are.
- Tip 2: Take risks. Mix bold colors (try color blocking!) and try putting one piece on every day that is bolder than you would normally choose.
- Tip 3: Try denim. Just remember to dress it up! Add a silk blouse or your fanciest blazer. You can get away with wearing jeans as long as you dress up your denim a bit.
- Tip 4: Swap your usual garments for something new. Switch your traditional pencil skirt for a great pair of wide leg trousers.
- Tip 5: Make it fun. It’s proven that the better you feel in your clothes the better you will perform in life. Dress for yourself, nobody knows your style better than you do. Be true to yourself and you will feel great all day!
Be confident and embrace business casual with our favorite brands, made especially for boss ladies: Gravitas, Of Mercer, French Connection, Brass, and Diane von Fusternberg. Rent all of these brands from Armoire, leave the stress behind, and go get sh*t done.