The desire to streamline our wardrobes has become increasingly popular as we move away from cluttered spaces and wanting more and more stuff. By focusing on timeless pieces made of high-quality materials, you can build a capsule wardrobe that will last. Heres how to build a fall capsule wardrobe:
- Remove everything from your closet so you can visualize what you own.
- Keep items that spark joy or you wear at least once a month, and donate the rest.
- From the keep pile, separate out the high quality, neutral colored items that pair well with everything.
- With these items, build your fall capsule wardrobe based on the guide below.
- Pair these basics with contemporary rented items, and keep your closet clean and your wallet happy!
Fall Capsule Wardrobe Guide:
How to Style Your Capsule Wardrobe With Fun, Rented Items:
Capsule Items: T-Shirt by Derek Lam + Jeans by PAIGE
Rented Item: Plaid Long Blazer by BB Dakota
Stylist Tip: Pair with low heeled boots or loafer for work or weekend brunch.
Capsule Item: White Button Down by Sarah Alexandra
Rented Item: Gold Buckle Midi Skirt by Derek Lam
Stylist Tip: Pair with black pumps to dress it up, or sneakers to dress it down. Elevate the shirt with a tie, french tuck, or front tuck!
Capsule Item: Trench Coat by Bagatelle
Rented Item: Moody Floral Dress by Suno
Stylist Tip: Pair with black booties or black pumps to elongate your legs.
Capsule Items: Turtle Neck by French Connection + Jeans by PAIGE
Rented Items: Printed Jacket by Zuri
Stylist Tip: Pair with nude pumps to dress it up or brown boots to dress it down. The Zuri jacket can also be worn as a dress or a skirt!
Capsule Item: Cardigan by Boden
Rented Item: Plaid Button Up Trousers by Joie
Stylist Tip: Pair with brown booties for a comfortable and sophisticated work look.
Capsule Item: Sweater by Cupcakes and Cashmere
Rented Item: Yellow Dress by French Connection
Stylist Tip: Layer a sweater over a dress and pair with a low heel shoe or boot, like these brogues.
Rent all of these styles and keep your closet clean and your look elevated!